Overdue-pg114909146518

27 Replies
Atarahsmommy - June 5

But I might start to rethink that idea if I was 45-57 weeks along, ugh, that does not sound like fun

numba1cutie6t9 - June 5

she had her baby yesterday! and he was only 9 pounds 5 ounces at 45 weeks gestation!

sunshyne9 - June 6

I wonder if Tanaja had her baby yet?? she hasnt been on in a few days lol lol hope everything is well with everyone..

babysoon - June 14

I know that my doctor said on my due date, in 3 weeks from now, she will give me an ultrasound. If everything looks good, baby's size, est. weight, and everything are good-to-go, she'll wait 1 more week and then have me come in to be incuded on 41 weeks. I read in my preg. book that anything after 42 weeks is risky. The baby shouldn't be in there 1 year! Cmon! Support systems may break down and I heard they get very wrinkly; they can only protect their skin from the amn. fluids so long. It's just not meant to be.... I'd seriously get a 2nd opinion if my doc said we have to wait until 45-47 weeks to induce, UNLESS your LMP is way, way off. good luck!!!!

lunamccalla - September 20

im at 41 weeks and 0cm but i having contractions im worried is that normal

Allisonc79 - September 22

wow your doc won't induce? Thats crazy b/c it's widely known in the world of OBs that waiting past 2 weeks is worse for your baby than being induced. I'm sure they will if it goes too long, itleast not past 2 weeks. I went 3 days past my due date, sending you luck.

Allisonc79 - September 22

oh, old post. The contractions are what is going to dialate you so that is a good thing. You want the contractions that is normal. If they get regular and start to hurt worse you might be in labor. Trust me you will know when you are. Otherwise it could be real contractions that are just for practice.

DeeD - September 24

You should NEVER be allowed to go more than 2 weeks. The placenta starts to break down and does not function as well putting your baby at risk. Also, baby will generally keep getting bigger making dleivering a bog baby more difficult. GL!

emfine99 - September 29

When my mom had me she went 3 weeks over. But that was 25 years ago, I havent heard them letting you go anymore than a week or 2 these days!

JKRobson - October 5

If you're worried about how far overdue you are, I recommend looking into labor acupressure as a natural alternative to medical induction. Maternity acupressure can really help and it's easy to learn. Once you know where to apply the pressure (anyone can do it) you'll find it can help with a much shorter and easier labor without worrying about going too far past your due date. There's a really good book on the subject called "Easier, Shorter and Safer Birth," that's well worth looking into. If you're into alternative medicine it's a great alternative to acupuncture too.

joliba60 - June 29

Dear Numba1cutie6t9, where is this doctor? Because I really wish I had them? I am 45 wks and everything is great, but I'm being pressured now to do a c-section. It would be great to have a supportive doctor like that.

NElizabeth - August 4

WOW, I have never heard of doctors letting you go over 2 weeks. I was almost 2 weeks late with my first but  the baby was swallowing meliconin (bile) so they induced me.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?