Acne

11 Replies
kendall - October 11

I have pretty bad acne and I'm having trouble finding something to help get rid of it. I look like a 13 year old girl but i'm 21 and 21 1/2 weeks and help would be extrememly appreciated thanks in advance.

Lisa - October 11

What products are you using? Because of your hormones you will break out right now; I was for a while (Im 19 weeks) and I started to use a new cleanser and face cream and it really helped. I also threw out old make-up sponges as they collect bacteria and got new ones; and washed and air dried all my make-up brushes... since you're pregnant you really can't use anything harsh. I hear Pro-Active is really good and you can still use that while pregnant. I bought the Creme de la Mer face cream and I put that on everyday; what ever is in that face cream has worked wonders for me. I still get the small one, but nothing like before.

kendall - October 11

right now i am using neutrogena wash and toner no lotion and as far as pro-active i've used it before and for me it was just a waste of money

Lisa - October 11

Neutrogena is a good product. Do you find if your skin being really dry with pimples or really oily?

kendall - October 11

oily on my forehead,chin and around my nose

val - October 12

kendall I'm having the same problem, I'm 22 and 14 wks and my face looks like I am in 5th grade again it's horrible. Proactive was a complete waste of money for me, it didn't do a thing. I use Cetaphil right now, because it's so gentle, my old acne wash was just making it worse I think. But so far nothing I have tried is helping. My friend told me last night hers just got worse through her pregnancy, and she tried every cleanser and product she could think of and nothing helped except having the baby. I am really hoping mine doesn't last the whole time!

M - October 12

Kendal - if your skin is oily I would not use neutrogena, I used mary kay time wise fo rthe past 3 yrs and i am 26 wks preg and i have never had problems with my face until this preg, i now have to clean my face with soap and water and use Sea Breeze it deep cleans your face, you can get it at wal-mart.. i had to change my cleanser i was breaking out bad by my mouth, and it has gotten alot better.. try Sea Breeze it will dry your pimples out and deep cleanses.

Keri - October 12

I have the same problem. I finally went to a dermatologist an she prescibed me topical erythromicin. She said it was the only thing I could use that was safe. She advised me to stay away from over the counter acne products too. I've been using it for about two months now and have noticed a substantial difference. My skin isn't completely clear, but it is so much better than before.

Leanna - October 12

My skin was so bad I didn't even want to leave the house. But I just started using this new stuff that really seems to be making a great difference. the only problem is it could be hard to come by depending on where you live. For washing it's made by "Dessert Essence" and it's called "Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi." Then I tone with Witch Hazel-This can be bought at any major drug store, but be sure you add some filtered water to it b/c at full strength it can be drying to ones skin, the ph can be way off. And, then for the blemishes the product, also made by "Dessert Essence" is called "Blemish Touch Stick with Eco-Harvest Tea Tree Oil." These products are making an amazing difference, but like I said they are organic, natural products so you may have to search the shelves of your health food stores b/c here in Chicago thats the only place to find them. Or maybe online you can. Good luck-I hope you can find products that work b/c I my skin was so bad I was ready to never leave the house again. HEE!

kendall - October 12

thanks everyone. i'm just kind of worried about anything with anykind of oil my face makes enough.

Lisa - October 12

Dr. Haushka makes really good products and they are all holistic. When my face was really broke out and oily the girl prescribed an oil moisturizer and it really worked. I loved the products!

Emma4328 - May 26

ClearPores Acne Treatment - clearpores.com/ct/99781 great results in quick time. this helped me reduce the signs of my acne in time for my brothers wedding!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?