I Took UNPRESCRIBED 100mg Of Clomid And PG With Triplets

278 Replies
Lisa - October 3

Okay, I have a sincere question.... why "promote" the fact that you take it unprescribed? Why can't you just state that you take clomid? I feel it is unethical do promote it.

Christa - October 3

I agree - I think it is one thing to take unprescribed clomid. Those that do so - choose to do it at their own risk. However, I have a major issue with encouraging others to do it. It IS irresponsible. Clearly her capital letters was purposeful bragging to promote taking the unprescribed medication.

mama-bean - October 4

well, first, Congradualtions on your pregnancy, I hope all goes well... I must add, though, a LOT of people read these message boards, including young teenagers. Young ladies that think having a baby would be fun, or would bring their boyfriend closer, etc. By advertising that you are taking this medication unprescribed, you could be biving these girls ideas. They can get the stuff as easily as you can, and these children just won't understand the decision they are making. Please, we need to start taking responsability for our actions. By all means, do what you're gonna do... but don't brag about the illegal aspect of it, the unprescribed part, because people who may never have thought of doing this act may now be getting ideas, and these people aren't all mature adults.

the newbie - October 4

Bouncing around this site as hubby and I trying to get preg. I appreciate both sides of this issue, and keep both positive and negative info coming! Those trying to censor the flow of info, stop! This is all stuff we want to know. Gives me lots to look up on the net! Thanks ladies!

lisa - October 4

congratulation sandiya i took unprescribed clomid ( 50mg) last year and after the 2 month on clomid i got pregnat i had i beatiful baby boy and i want to say somenthing i know it is risky to take unprescribed drugs like clomid but then how come can you buy the so easily on the net???? if they were so dangerous ??? any way to all girl that are thinking to take clomid like that i suggest to know the real reason of your infertility first like i done then after you know the motive you can decide but be very carefull that all i got to say i was very luchy like sandiya

Plu - October 10

Hello all, congratulations on all the pregnancies, but I just want to say to yas2000 that taking clomid with the purpose to conceive multiples is a very risky idea; which is precisely why a physician would not ethically perscribe it. If you think I am typing nonsense then it may be a good idea to look at the literature on the risks to not only the mother, but more importantly to innocent children who often have long term disabilities. In fact many physicians debate over the ethics of helping to create children who may be born with serious/long term defects, and wish to do away with fertility treatments altogether. "First do no harm." Clomid is a medical treatment for infertile women wishing to concieve, please do not abuse it.

K - October 10

Wow, good luck!! I hope you have lots of support and help after they are born.

GC - October 15

I totally agree with the posters who have an issue with taking unprescribed chlomid. It is irresponsible and dangerous. What would your doctor think?

Mary - October 19

No, but Congrats. I want to do the same as u did. Can you please tell me when exactly u took the pill. (days 3-7 when is that?)

Charisse - October 20

I took clomid 100mg days 3-7 in September and found out about 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant! The clomid was PRESCRIBED and I am currently 5w5d and have an ultrasound schedule for Oct.25. I can't wait to see how many beans I have.

to charisse from lisa - October 20

congratz for you pg i hope that you get what you wanted (1-2-3) any way what you hoped for and that everithign goes well for you and for your baby(ies) so good luck to you and enjoy you pg bye

regulation - October 28

This is quite obviously, a testament to the need for better regulation of prescription drugs. I never believed that a woman would knowingly risk her child's well being for her own selfish desires. If you are uncertain about the greatly increased risks and complications of multiple births, visit a twins and multiple boards. Ask them if they think you are making a good decision. You are naively romanticizing something very serious and dangerous. I tend to think of myself as incredibly tolerant, but to risk the health of your infant -- no one should ever be toleratant of that kind of abuse.

mama-beans - October 28

I agree, "regulation". I have caught wind of some strict legislation in the works in the US, mainly spurned by those more damaging prescription drugs (Vidcodin, Perkaset (sp), etc) that are ALSO available on the same sites that sell the Clomid w/o prescription. The reason these sites can get away with it is because MANY of them are based in places like India, and aren't required to comply with the FDA, and don't have the same requirements as far as prescriptions are concerned. They can legally have these sites up and sell this stuff without an actual prescription... IF you live in India ( or any other country with similar drug policy... of which the US, UK and Austrailia are NOT). If any responsible person were to read their disclaimers and policy ( the small links at the bottom of every page) you would see that they never claim to follow FDA regulations, their drugs are genarically manufactured in their country, and they make NO warranty as to the actual content/result of the drug. They don't guarantee that their drugs are what they say they are. I have yet to find ONE site that does not have these disclaimers... of the sites that don't require a legit prescription. It is terrifying that women are risking their children like this... never mind the horrible risks they are putting their OWN bodies in. I just have to hope that I can reach those still open to information, those still searching. If I can change THEIR mind about this dangerous ( illegal, immoral) course of action, then that is one more person, child, etc saved.. I will keep at it. Prescriptions aren't that hard to get, there is no excuse for this type of action. None.

mama-beans - October 28

I see there is one I didn't find... at least you don't have to worry about quality there.. hopefully! It is also nice that that particular site doesn't sell the harder substances, so you don't have to worry about supporting that. Glad there is one safer alternative out there, even if it's still illegal w/o doctors prescription.. One less thing to worry about.

regulation - October 31

Your babies will probably be born 7 weeks early with dangerously low birthweights, immature lungs and organs -- you are deliberately robbing your children of the time they need to mature in the womb. You will also probably develop preeclampsia, a life threatening condition that will force early labor. My best friend went had to deliver her singleton at 6 months because of preeclampsia. Her baby son died after 5 weeks in the NICU. This is serious stuff! Think about what you are doing. Do research, get information. Make informed decisions about your childrens' health. They are depending on you! From the March of Dimes: "Over 90 percent of triplets and virtually all quadruplets and higher multiples are born preterm. The length of gestation decreases with each additional baby. On average, most singleton pregnancies last 39 weeks; for twins, 36 weeks; for triplets, 32 weeks; for quadruplets, 30 weeks; and for quintuplets, 29 weeks. Low-birthweight babies, especially those born before 32 weeks of gestation and/or weighing less than 31/3 pounds (1,500 grams), are at increased risk of health complications in the newborn period as well as lasting disabilities, such as mental retardation, cerebral palsy and vision and hearing loss. While advances in caring for very small infants has brightened the outlook for these tiny babies, chances remain slim that all infants in a set of s_xtuplets or more will survive and thrive. Close to 60 percent of twins, over 90 percent of triplets and virtually all quadruplets and higher multiples are born preterm. The length of gestation decreases with each additional baby. On average, most singleton pregnancies last 39 weeks; for twins, 36 weeks; for triplets, 32 weeks; for quadruplets, 30 weeks; and for quintuplets, 29 weeks. Most preterm multiples weigh less than 5 1/2 pounds (2,500 grams), which is considered low birthweight. Low-birthweight babies, especially those born before 32 weeks of gestation and/or weighing less than 31/3 pounds (1,500 grams), are at increased risk of health complications in the newborn period as well as lasting disabilities, such as mental retardation, cerebral palsy and vision and hearing loss. Women who are pregnant with multiples also face an increased risk of pregnancy-related forms of high blood pressure (preeclampsia) and diabetes. More than half of triplet pregnancies are complicated by preeclampsia."

TripletMom - November 2

I have a question for all of you ladies who are taking clomid (unprescribed or otherwise) SOLELY to concieve multiples - what would you do if there was something medically wrong with one of your babies? Unless you have twins or triplets (or more), you cannot imagine how difficult it is to carry and raise them -- even with a relatively easy pregnancy and healthy, well-behaved kids. I hope that if any of you are successful in concieving multiples that you do not make your children suffer as a result.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?