Breastfeeding Pg1269864706

1 Replies
jmccox325 - March 29

I dont know how this blog thing works, I have never done it before but I need help please. I am a stay at home mom and I love it! I br___tfeed. No problems there.... My baby just turned a year and I have no clue how to even start getting him off the br___t?

NormanLUnderwood2010 - May 4

ok here are the steps via ehow.com 1.Proceed slowly. Your baby may find abrupt weaning traumatic, and it can lead to uncomfortable engorgement and mast_tis in your b___sts. Mast_tis is an infection that can cause fever and flulike symptoms, as well as pain, hardness, redness, or heat in your b___st - usually just one b___st, not both. 2. Eliminate one daily feeding session at a time over a period of weeks or even months, starting with the nursing session that seems the least important to your baby emotionally. 3.Offer your baby a subst_tute for the b___st. If she is less than 1 year old, you may need to subst_tute formula in a bottle to make sure she gets the nutrition she needs. If she is past her first birthday, eating a variety of foods and drinking from a cup, you may be able to offer her food or distract her with a fun game or activity. 4.Give extra affection. Weaning can make babies feel vulnerable for a while, and your baby may need added rea__surance that you still love her. 5.Keep your baby occupied by going to the park, taking a walk or playing in the garden. 6.If your baby clearly wants to nurse, and if your attempts to distract her with other snacks or activities aren't working, it's OK to nurse. This way, you can avoid a battle of wills. 7.Continue to nurse for comfort if necessary. Often, a more or less weaned baby will want to nurse after a fright or a fall. This is OK. It will take her a while to get used to the other forms of comfort you offer. 8.Contact your doctor, a lactation professional or your local La Leche League if you experience pain or engorgement while waiting for your milk to dry up. They can offer some solutions for a safe and pain-free transition. 9.Contact your doctor, a lactation professional or your local La Leche League if you experience pain or engorgement while waiting for your milk to dry up. They can offer some solutions for a safe and pain-free transition. hope this can help you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?