October Babies Pg1265606201

91 Replies
33secondtimemom - February 18

Hi Everyone! I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago so I am around 7 and a half weeks now. The baby is due October 2nd. I am 33 years old and this is my second child. I have a 10 year old daughter who is not sure what to think about there being another kid around! I was really suprised myself when I found out lol but I'm finding this time I'm a little more scared than I was with my daughter. I guess I'm worrying that where I am older maybe I'm not as healthy. I have had more symptoms this pregnany. I am craving all kinds of food early. I was a smoker before I found out I was pregnant and quit as soon as I found out. So, I guess I've been kind of a nervous wreck. Fang, I am having the same problems lol. I stumble to the bathroom several times a night most of the time waking everyone up in the process! I also am worried about putting on weight. This is my second pregnancy so I'm worried about what it's going to do to my body THIS time. I've put on about 10 pounds already! Is anyone esle already putting on weight?

haburkey - February 18

Hello everybody! My name is Hailey and I just found out last night/this morning that I'm pregnant! Very light positive! I hope it is true! But 2 of them said yes! I'd be due Halloween!

Ca__sieSong - February 18

Hey gals! Melissa, thanks for the kind words. Fang and 33secondtimemom, I'm worried about weight too, but am going to really REALLY try this time around not to gain too much. I gained 60 lbs the first time around!! I lost all of it except 10 lbs, but I was really thin to begin. I'm a bit heavier now than I'd like to be and I'm trying so hard not to overeat even though I'm hungry all the time too. I'm trying to cut out soda too. I don't have any sore b___bs. I didn't the first time around though either. Just a bit crampy now and then and peeing a lot. Only once a night if that though. I pee more during the day. Like every hour or two. Usually I can go like 4 hours even when drinking lots of water. I'm getting real tired though. Thank goodness my dd still naps! So she's napping now and right after that I'm laying down. Then I have to go to work. Blah. I didn't state my age. I am 29 years old. 33secondtimemom, 33 is not that old! So don't worry too much. I know though how waiting a long time between kids can make it more nerve-wracking.. along with quitting smoking. congrats on that!!! Blessedbythree- I'm bloated a lot too. Always by the end of the day. I am always wanting to unb___ton my pants. haha! I haven't gained any weight yet, but I bloat up very easily. Cozy- so cool you are so close with your doc and you can get info real quickly. I'm so excited for you about our pregnancy! How did your appointment go? I did have some moderate cramps (compared to the mild ones) yesterday. I had to lay down and after about 5-10 minutes, they went away. It kinda freaked me out. I've been helping my mom a lot because she's been having real bad back pain. So I'm helping her a lot around the house. We haven't told anyone we are expecting, so she doesn't have a clue. Otherwise, she'd tell me to take it easy more. Have you all told friends and family yet?

Ca__sieSong - February 18

Btw, Hailey- welcome and congratulations! Isn't it exciting?? Is this your first?

haburkey - February 18

No, this is my second, I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I am so worried though, because yesterday I took an Answer Early result test, and got a faint positive, but definatley a line, and then another this morning with FMU and it was still a line, but not even as dark as yesterdays! So I'm hoping i'm in this group! I'm going to test again when I get home from work!

Fang - February 18

We haven't told anyone yet. We are waiting until after the 12 week scan, just in case. I have put on 1kg (2.5 lbs) (I was 7 weeks yesterday) but this could be b___b weight (they are SO heavy). I have to sleep in a bra! I stopped smoking too as soon as I found out I was pregnant, so this could be another reason why I am so hungry. I have cut out diet coke and chocolate to stop my caffeine intake (I don't drink tea or coffee) and am only drinking water which doesn't help with toilet trip frequency!! Does anyone else get a blocked nose at night time?

melissaxoxo - February 18

hey ladies! Congrats Hailey & 33secondtimemom :o) How is everyone doing? I had a dr's appt. today and I got a heartbeat at 6 weeks!!! So we're safe from miscarriage zone. Thank goodness! I must be honest when I saw the heartbeat I literally chocked up & cried!! It's truely amazing! We're due Oct 11 or 12. Let's continue to have healthy eating habits! I'm Catholic, so I cut out all sweets for lent starting yesterday!! So have any of you spread the word yet?!? Talk to you gals later! ~Melissa

Ca__sieSong - February 19

Haily, what is a FMU test? Sorry, maybe I should know this. I tested on two Dollar Tree tests and then a Clear Blue Easy Digital over the course of a few days. The faintness and darkness of lines kinda irk me too, so I guess I'm more of a digital fan. Let us know how the third test goes. It could depend on the test, how sensitive it is and peeing in the afternoon could give you a fainter line than first morning pee too. Let us know! Melissa- congrats on the heartbeat! My doc doesn't want me in till 8 weeks. That's just the way they do it there, and the waiting is hard!! You are right, you are out of the biggest miscarriage period. Chances after you see a heartbeat greatly decline, so that is great to hear! Fang, our original thought was to wait till the 12-13 week mark to tell everyone the news. However, we just don't think we can wait that long now!! I know, we are impatient. I'm thinking we might tell at around 10 weeks, though I may tell closest family (like my sister) at 8 weeks, as long as the ob appt goes well.

haburkey - February 19

fmu=first morning urine lol :) But I took another dollar store test yesterday, again...faint line...so I guess I should wait until Monday when I am actually DUE for my period! I guess I should not get too excited until then anyways! but I called my OB yesterday, and she said that if all continues, I will have my appointment on March 8th! And according to DD calculators I will be due on Halloween! Melissa- congrats on the heartbeat! It is a wonderful feeling! And as far as telling anybody, I'm going to have a hard time because I will tell my 2 year old, and she is a little motormouth who will tell on us!

blessedbythree - February 19

Fang, I get a stuffed nose at night too. I have been falling asleep earlier (on the couch) and then 3 hours into my sleep I wake up and toss around, also really hot at night and having crazy dreams. Melissa, Congrats on the hb. So exciting! Was that on U/s? I cant remember when you can pick up the hb with doppler, anyone know? I rented one last time and used it twice a week. I loved it. ...I dont think I will be able to hide it until 12 weeks! This is #3 and with my 2nd it was hard to hide after 8 weeks... unless everyone just a__sumes im getting fat in the belly ;) I still have not told even dh...

haburkey - February 19

I think with my daughter I heard a heartbeat on the doppler around 11 weeks? But she did say that if they couln't find it on the doppler not to freak out because even that is a little early! For those with one kid already, are you finding you show faster with your second child? Or third even? I was probably about 22 weeks with my first before i even had a bump! I'm wondering if the second will pop out a lot faster! I am testing tonight when I get home and again tomorrow morning lol, so I will let you all know! I am 13 dpo now so I should DEFINITELY have a positive on a FRER now right? wish me luck!

blessedbythree - February 19

With my 1st I did not show until 4.5 mos, with my 2nd it was a lot easier to tell and by 10 wks I was in maternity! (side note started at same weight with both pregnancies and gained 60lbs first time, and only 25 2nd time so that says something about it just popping sooner not that i gained extra weight). I am about the same weight this time... and hoping I can eat a little better and put off the clothes switch a little longer ;) Baby dust to you!

1st Time Mommie - February 19

Hi, congrats to all. 33secondtimemom, I'm just as far along as you, and yes, I feel a complete change already in the fit of my pants! Being that this is my first time, I am a nervous wreck... all still while being excited. I have sore, tender b___sts; morning sickness (which isn't isolated to the morning hours); extreme dizziness; exhaustion and backaches. Any suggestions on how to relieve these symptoms? Saltines and ginger tea are a bit of help with the nausea, but I can't seem to combat the exhaustion or dizziness. Congrats again to everyone!

Ca__sieSong - February 19

I can't remember when we first heard our dd's heartbeat... but I remember it took a loooong time to find it. I was so nervous! Can't wait to hear it this time, whenever that will be. I was into maternity by 13 weeks last time. This time, I can see it happening by 10 as blessedbythree said. I'm so bloated! I hope I can be like you blessed, and only gain 25 lbs this time. That'd be awesome! I think people will begin to notice and guess the pregnancy if we wait till 12 weeks to tell... that is one reason I think we'll tell earlier... like 8-10 weeks. I work in clothing retail, so this is going to be a challenge! 1st time Mommie, I only had mild nausea with my dd and none now, so I probably don't have the best advice. Last time though, if I did feel at all queasy, I'd suck on a lemon drop. It helped me. Haily, a line is a line, so you're definitely pregnant! :) I took my first test 3 days before af and got a faint line on the Dollar Store test. I just couldn't wait till after my period was due either. Halloween baby, eh? Maybe you'll actually be a November Mommy? Any names picked out yet?

Cherwill - February 19

HI to all, I don't know where to start. It is so nice to hear all the details about the excitement of being pregnant. I am 37 and pregnant with my 3rd child and I'm not happy about it. I have just started off my career after all those long years in school.I have a dd and a ds and was quite contented with this. DH is not too happy about it either. He is currently laid off so he feels depressed about that too. I do not have morning sickness and for the most part don't feel pregnant except for the sore b___sts and the bloated feeling. I have now come to the habit of unzipping my pants when I sit at my desk.LOL. 33 is not old at all. I had my ds at 33 and he is quite robust and healthy. One thing that I experience now that I never experienced before are the mood swings. OMG,it's like I am not myself at all and I have no control over it. One minute I am happy the next I am crying over anything, including the fact that I am pregnant. DH is in another state and I miss him so much and I am not sure if he will be able to be here for and with me during this pregnancy. Oh well.....at least I have this forum that I can vent. Sorry to be such a sourpuss but at least I can answer some if not most of your medical questions because I too am in the medical field. Oh I forgot, I am 5 weeks pregnant and I am waiting till I am 7 or 8 weeks before I do the ultrasound just so that I can see the heartbeat. Maybe that will perk me up a bit. So congrat to us all and here's to a great friendship and healthy pregnancies.

melissaxoxo - February 19

Hi ladies - Thank you all for the congrats!! :o) Our dd is Oct. 12th, but we're going to try for 10-10-2010!! That'd be soo cool I think! The doc used the doppler, & we got a super fast heartbeat at that, so we're anxious for the acutal ultrasound next month! Hailey - did you test again today? Or you going to wait till your expected period? Cherwill - Congrats on the news! Just keep faith that your hubby will find something soon. I'm in the same situation, so that's been a complete bummer to me is not working right now, & I'm trying my hardest not to be stressed! The job market is a ghosttown, but I'm staying positive! I know we all want nothing but healthy babies', but any guesses on what the s_x will be? Have a happy weekend! ~Melissa

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?