1 In 130 Chance Of Down S Syndrome

18 Replies
cg21 - May 27

I'm glad you have good results on your test.when i found out i was having a boy they told me their were light spots in the heart and that was conected to down syndrome back in the day,but they Quickly told me that it wasn't a deffinant dignoses. I've been worried but in the back of my mind i know this is still my child, and no i don't wish this on myself but i would love it anyway.so for anyone who gets bad news or possibly bad news just remember its still you child, and just because it has down syndrome don't me you can't love it like you would a normal baby.

lqtoo - May 28

Countrymom, sorry for not responding earlier - I don't post on the weekends. New York Mount Sinai Hospital recently did a study on amniocentisis, and the chances of miscarriage. Here is in excerpt from the study: "Researchers at New York’s Mount Sinai School of Medicine studied about 35,000 U.S. women who were 10-14 weeks pregnant by offering them amniocentisis. 3,000 women underwent the procedure and related miscarriages were lower than expected. 1 in about 1,600 of the pregnancies studied resulted in miscarriages by 24 weeks that were related to the amniocentisis. This is lower than the 1 in 200 results that were reported in the 1970's." You can view the full story at foxnews - this site won't allow you to post html addresses.

lhand - March 7

this is my first pregnancy and I'm only 24. My fiance's sister has down's but it's not hereditary. I just got a call from my doctor telling me I had a 1 in 72 chance of having a baby with downs. I don't know what to do. I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor about my next appointment. they want to have an ultrasound right away.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?