Clomid Success Stories

17955 Replies
shaneesah - May 7

where has everyone gone?

kaylsmummy - May 8

Hey everyone. So I had my next appointment at the infertility clinic, didn't go as I had planned! Was suppose to be getting started on clomid if all tests came back fine and they did :) although now they want to send me for a laparoscopy to check my tubes before they start me on clomid..... The waiting list fur the surgery is 3 months :( not feeling very positive today now :( more and more waiting to go! Has anyone else had this procedure?? What should I expect??? Getting more and more depressed now :(

ppungan - May 8

Hi Kaysmummy, i have had this procedure done, but mine also involved Overian drilling because i had cysts, its not a bad op i didnt have to stay overnight and i was back at work after a week, you will be fine, just stay positive. a lot of women fall pregnant after this op and especially you coz they are saying that all the tests were fine, so the clomid should work. good luck, and lots of baby dust :)

ppungan - May 8

Hi Kaysmummy, i have had this procedure done, but mine also involved Overian drilling because i had cysts, its not a bad op i didnt have to stay overnight and i was back at work after a week, you will be fine, just stay positive. a lot of women fall pregnant after this op and especially you coz they are saying that all the tests were fine, so the clomid should work. good luck, and lots of baby dust :)

KyKy89 - May 8

Hi everyone I hope all is well. My story is i have been ttc for 3 years now took clomid, didnt work I got discouraged and gave up for about 6 months. just last month i got a different doc. and he put me on metformin and provera. I am feeling optimistic. I have PCOS and was wondering if anyone has had any success with taking metformin? If it dosent work my husband and i are saving up for ivf. I am praying for everyone on here I hope we all will one day have a success story. Our babies are in the hands of Jesus.

priceless_girl - May 8

Hi kyKy - I had taken clomid 50 and then 100 with no success of even Ovulating then I asked my RE if I could take metformin as well as I had heard people with PCOS had success with it and she did with a dose of 150 clomid and it didn't work the first cycle of combining it but it did the second cycle as I now have a little boy. The metformin was hard on the body at first (lots of runs) but once your body adapts to it I found it really helped with other issues as well (Iosing weight, my head didn't feel so fuzzy). I wish you all the best and lots of baby dust.

KyKy89 - May 10

Thanks Priceless for your response it gives me hope. I am happy i have a new Dr. that i feel listens to me now, I know my body better than anyone else and my last doc. wasnt very good. Kayls don't feel discouraged the 3 monts will pa__s quickly just try to stay positive Best wishes to you.

kirstylou86xx - May 30

Hi everyone I started taking clomid first time tonight 50mg 2-6 cycle as I had a illiostomy reversal 4 years ago and been ttc but nothing happening so I bought some offline anyway just to say I'm hoping I get pregnant this month and was wondering if I need too take anything else to help me conceive? Thanks and good luck

Lan_d - June 10

Hi , used this forum first time I tried to get pregnant was great :) I got pregnant with our beautiful baby girl on clomid round 3 150mg first two rounds were 50mg and had a chemical first time . I have PCOS and a biocornate uterus and had GD when I fell pregnant . At 10 weeks I had a bleed due to a tear in the cervix then at 12 weeks I had clots on the baby's gestational sac so I had to take progesterone pessaries for a month $380 a script well worth it tho . I've been on metformin since 6 weeks pp and its helped regulate my cycle and maintain weight my doc says to stay on it till I fall pregnant again round 12 weeks stop taking it to stop any bleeds . Well 2moro I start the clomid 100mg days 2-6 again fingers crossed its a quick success :)

Lan_d - June 10

Hi , used this forum first time I tried to get pregnant was great :) I got pregnant with our beautiful baby girl on clomid round 3 150mg first two rounds were 50mg and had a chemical first time . I have PCOS and a biocornate uterus and had GD when I fell pregnant . At 10 weeks I had a bleed due to a tear in the cervix then at 12 weeks I had clots on the baby's gestational sac so I had to take progesterone pessaries for a month $380 a script well worth it tho . I've been on metformin since 6 weeks pp and its helped regulate my cycle and maintain weight my doc says to stay on it till I fall pregnant again round 12 weeks stop taking it to stop any bleeds . Well 2moro I start the clomid 100mg days 2-6 again fingers crossed its a quick success :)

kirstylou86xx - June 11

Hello all we'll I'm now on cd14 and oh my god the pain I felt in my overies last night was terrible and I hope it was due to ovulation I pray it was, it's still there today but not as bad it's calmed down a lot. I also got told last week that I have a 5cm cyst on my left ovary and also a 2cm one which my doc has told me I have to have another transv____al in 5 weeks to see if it's stayed the same or gotten bigger as it he says it's also been bled into. If its the case that it the same or bigger I'm haven't got any options as I can't have key hole surgery as I have had previous abdominal op so it will be open surgery and they may have to remove the ovary really gutted as i really want a baby and now the clomid may have made the cyst bigger :( well gonna keep my chin up and see if the clomid works and hope for the best Baby dust too all xx

kaylsmummy - June 18

Thanks ppungan, im scheduled in this Friday 21st for my laparoscopy. Cant say im looking forward to it as im a little worried :( but been having a lot of bad cramps lately and feeling drained and tried all the time so im hoping this operation will help a lot. Just be nice to know whats been going on in this body of mines once and for all. Good luck everyone ttc xx

ppungan - June 18

Hi Kaylsmummy, Thats good the quicker the better and we can see what happens after that. Please let me know how u are after the op, keep well and dont worry everything will be fine. well as for me i have started going to a new OB and well she put me on birth control for 3 months to make Ms Flow regular, so i am currently 1 month of the pill and on CD14 i went for my checkup and she saw a follicle so we did a blood test that day and i was POSITIVE for Ovulation for the 1st time in 4 years i got a positive, i know it cant fall pregnant the 1st time but it made me so happy to know that i finally O'd which is amazing, i just wanted to share this news coz well you all understand what we going through, i am current on CD21 so fingers crossed one more week and will wait for aunt flow to show up or not, take care ladies and good luck, baby dust to all :):):)

ppungan - June 18

Hi Kaylsmummy, Thats good the quicker the better and we can see what happens after that. Please let me know how u are after the op, keep well and dont worry everything will be fine. well as for me i have started going to a new OB and well she put me on birth control for 3 months to make Ms Flow regular, so i am currently 1 month of the pill and on CD14 i went for my checkup and she saw a follicle so we did a blood test that day and i was POSITIVE for Ovulation for the 1st time in 4 years i got a positive, i know it cant fall pregnant the 1st time but it made me so happy to know that i finally O'd which is amazing, i just wanted to share this news coz well you all understand what we going through, i am current on CD21 so fingers crossed one more week and will wait for aunt flow to show up or not, take care ladies and good luck, baby dust to all :):):)

kirstylou86xx - June 18

Im now on cd22 Af is due to appear 6/23 not sure when i ovulated and I've been testing since today but obviously getting BFN having a lot of symptoms that I have never had like Creamy thick cm which is a lot Craving chicken fried rice Frequent urinating every 20 minutes Cramps in ovaries for the last 10 days Sleeping for 12 hours every night And really bad hot flushes My temp has been up for the last four days at around 99.5 f / 37.5 c But all this could be due to clomid which I've been told gives you fake pg symptoms :( been trying for 11 months so I hope this is my month and it's starting to get too me now. I never knew ttc could be so hard Baby dust to all and good luck

kaylsmummy - June 24

Afternoon all, Well had my laparoscopy on Friday and I must say I have been feeling absolutely horrendous ever since :( I have been so sick since I came to from the surgery. Nurses wouldn't discharge me as my blood pressure dropped and I couldn't stop being sick. Eventually got home at 9pm and have been up and down since, the gas is the worse of it all :( I hope this operation was worth it. I don't have endometriosis :) and my ovaries are completely full of cysts but small ones so they didn't require drilling. All good news :) The consultant came round and seen me when I was still groggy from the anaesthetic so I can mind some of what he said. They game me a 'flush out'? If anyone can explain to me what this is if they've had it? Anyway I have had heavy bleeding since the surgery so fingers crossed this helps, just need to wait for my next appointment at the infertility clinic now so I can get put on clomid. If anyone can suggest the best ovulation testing kits that would be great thanku. Hope everyone is well xx

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?