Miscarriage-pg110704775442

5 Replies
Missy - January 29

I had a miscarriage about a year ago. It has taken a year to be able to deal with everything-it was especially hard b/c my sister-in-law was pregnant at the same time and her pregnancy turned out fine. I am finally pregnant again-about 9weeks but everyday worry that my sypmtoms might be going away. It seems I can't tell anymore if I am or aren't-I think about it all the time. I am waiting to go back to the doctor for another ultrasound. I had one at 7weeks and they saw a heartbeat but I am still SOOOOOOOO scared. Will I ever be ok? Will the worry ever go away? What if it happens again? Help!!!!

lynette - January 29

I think you just have to be postive for the little life forming inside you. I had an ultrasound two weeks ago and they found that my baby's heartbeat had stopped at 10 weeks (I was 13 wks pregnant). I had a d/c the next day and am coping ok. Same as you my sister-in-law is expecting (due a month before I was). I am determined (and I know it's easier said than done) that I will try to be as positive and excited next time as I was for this little one. After all, it's a new pregnancy and statistically you have less than 5% chance of having a second m/c after the first one (much less than the general population) We need to give the new baby the best possible start, which means not pa__sing our stress and worry onto them. I'm sure everything will work out for you this time, as it will for me. You will be okay, the worry will go away probably only when you hold your gorgeous baby for the first time, and if it were to happen again (god forbid) you would call on the support of your friends, and try to think of the joy your baby brought you, even if it was only for a short time. Please let me know how your next ultrasound turns out :-)

Tara-T - January 30

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks back in April, got pregnant again in December and miscarried just recently, at 6 weeks. I really do agree that I was soooo stressed out and worried it was hard to pa__s the days. I was obsessed with Hcg numbers and progestrone, etc.Then, someone told me to just spend quality time with my baby...and I tried to do that. My heart goes out to you Missy, it's just so hard to relax, we just want the little being to stay so badly, it hurts. I've decided that if I get pregnant again, I'm going to try and avoid the obsessive hcg checking and internet searching, etc. Perhaps ignorance is bliss...I don't know. All I do know is that last time I was pregant and I got my first Hcg numbers, my mind immediatly sent me into panic mode ("they're too low for how far along I am...etc, etc.")., I wonder if all the stress was a self fulfilling demise of the pregnacy, though probably not since nature, or God or karma, has it's way and in early pregnacy, there's not much we can do. So...I guess all you can do is try to think of the gla__s as half full instead of empty. You saw the heartbeat, that's GREAT....and you're 9 weeks, now (every week, the chance of miscarriage goes down), so take a deep breath and just try and relax. I'll be thinking of you..sending light rays your way....

kate - January 30

If you heard/saw a fetal heartbeat..chances are greatly decreased of a miscarriage.

Missy - January 31

Thank you Lynette and Tara T. you had made me feel better already and I thank you with all of my heart, My thoughts are with you both and I will keep in touch. hope you do too. Thanks again-this has meant more then my words can express.

Jen - February 1

Missy, I am really sorry to hear about your loss. I had a miscarriage year ago and I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and expecting a baby girl. I was nothing but worried the whole time until my ultrasound last week. It's completely normal to feel the way you do. Even to this day if I don't feel the baby move a lot because it does all the time, or I get the slightest pain, I get really worried. But it took me a year before I was ready to try this again after losing our baby. I only wish you the best and keep your head up high. You have a lot of support to help you through, please let us know how your ultrasound goes. Best wishes

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?