Creating A Meal Plan During Pregnancy
The best way to make sure you have all the nutrients you need for you developing baby, in order to grow healthy and strong is by creating and sticking to a meal plan. Meal plans are also a great way to pack on a few extra pounds during pregnancy.
If you're not too sure how to create a meal plan, consult your doctor or a dietician who can work with you to make a meal plan that suits your dietary needs. Make sure you follow the meal plan, so you get all the vitamins and minerals you need for your baby and yourself as your body goes through a number of changes to support your pregnancy.
Some benefits for eating smart during pregnancy includes: reducing the risk of birth defects, pregnancy complications, premature births, and difficult deliveries. As well as, your baby will have a brighter future if he or she receives all the nutrients needed while developing.
If you want to know some easy, but healthy ways to pack on a few pounds, here are a few steps you can follow to increase your calorie-intake. These steps include:
- Never skip breakfast. Start your day off with some protein intake with fiber. Try spreading peanut butter or adding a slice of cheese to your toast.
- During lunch, increase your protein and fat intake by adding nuts or seeds or avocado to salads.
- Eat snacks between meals. Yogurt, dried fruits, or dried fruits.
- Eat fresh fruits that are high in Vitamin C and beta-carotene, such as grapefruit, papaya, orange, and apricot.
- Avoid oily foods and sugary drinks like sodas.
To find out the other types of food you should avoid during pregnancy click