Why-pg123185953457

3 Replies
dragonfly55 - January 13

My daughter is 4 months old now and when I am nursing her I have cramps...sometimes almost comparable to after labour contractions...has anyone else experieced this or at least know what this is??

jenna32 - January 13

i haven't but i remember nurses telling me when nursing i'd get cramps and i did at first,but i don't recall the lasting that long. i do remember feeling a little ill now and then around that time though. wish i could be more help.

Monic - January 21

I got cramps during b___stfeeding during the first 40 days after giving birth. And yes, they are as bad as labour contractions. This happens because your uterus is shrinking back to its normal size. You should ask your doctor though. four months seems a little too long for this to be happening.

Kristin72 - January 22

Every time you nurse your body releases the hormone ocitocin which causes uterine contractions. This helps the uterus go back to it's original shape. Unfortunately it continues throughout b___stfeeding but the pain becomes less where people do not notice it anymore but it is still happening. Often women who become pregnant while b___stfeeding are told to stop because of increased uterine contractions and can cause preterm labour in some. In most cases it completely fine to do so. So just be glad the ocitocin is doing the job it is suppose to, or else our uterus' would still protrude long after we have delivered our babaies.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?