4th C Section Pg1276037122

2 Replies
BabyNo4 - June 8

Im a little nervous to have my 4th c-section because I've heard that the consent are much more extensive as after 3 c-sections the risks significantly increase!! This time i will ABSOLUTELY get my tubes tied. Anyone have 4 or more c-sections?

Kellymr - June 29

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who could inform me of the risks in attempting a v____al birth after 3 C-Sections. baby #1 was emergency, #2 & #3 were planned caesers, I have extensive omental adhesions from previous 3 caesers and I am too scared to go for a fourth caeser, my doctor has been less than supportive of a VBAC, There so far is no medical reason why I shouldn't try.

csmom - August 6

The more internal incisions you have the more thin your uterus becomes which gives you more of a chance for uterine rupture. You may not die from a uterine rupture but it's not a good thing and could mean hysterectomy, but not always. Sorry to be so 'ify' but it's hard to predict the outcome in this situation :-( The key here is your doctor and what he feels comfortable with. No doctor wants complications so they won't do a VBAC if they feel there might be problems. Your extensive adhesions makes a good case for not wanting another surgery. I don't blame you there. See if you can discuss this further with your doctor and perhaps get another opinion. Best of luck to you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?