Brown Spotting-pg111202353118

206 Replies
Mythili - March 28

I am now 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I just noticed today when I went to the washroom and wiped that there was a little brown spotting. It is like the mucus but brown in color. Do I have to worry about it?

Sonya - March 28

I am experiencing the same thing.

Marji - March 28

I am having the same thing. I have been reading these post for 2 days straight trying to see if this is normal. Some of the posts make me feel better, some don't. I am only 4w4d and I just called my doctor to see what I need to do. The nurse is supposed to be calling me back and I will post with what I am told. Mine has been about once or twice a day and really not that much but enough to scare me. Good luck!

D - March 28

I had the same thing and it was ok. I know there are people that had negative outcomes, but the majority people that I have talked to were ok. I called my doc to be sure, and I would recommend calling yours. If nothing else, hopefully they can ease your mind. Hope it goes well for you!

Mythili - March 28

Thanks D and Marji.... I will contact my doc just to be on the safe side. Marji, keep me posted...

Christina - March 28

I started having the brown stuff when I wipe last Tuesday. I have also had cramping. I went to the doctor last Wednesday and they said the heart beat was low 105. Went back today and had better news, heart beat is 137 at 7w1d. The doctor said some women have this and its ok as long has it doesn't turn red. Hope this helps.

Marji - March 28

Sorry it took so long to post what the doctor said... he said that as long as it wasn't red and accompanied with cramps it should be ok. They scheduled an appointment for 4/13 and I think I might go crazy until then..the nurse didn't seem to convey that they were worried about it and that I needed to stop worrying about it. I should say that mine is really only when I wipe and not really a lot. I actually haven't had any since this morning, so maybe it will stop. As another question, is it too early for me to be peeing constantly? I read that it is because of increased progesterone but this seems a little early and I was wondering if anyone else was having this too?

D - March 29

Marji - my doc wasn't concerned when I called either, and scheduled an appointment for 2 weeks later. That was one of the longest 2 weeks of my life! The u/s showed everything was fine, and that day, the spotting stopped. It never did turn red, just stayed brown or pink. They told me to call them if it started to get red. Hope you have a good result too!

Mythili - March 29

I left msg for my doc and haven't heard back yet. I will let you guys know once I get an answer.

Stephanie - March 29

Okay girls I've been reading everyones post and now I'm very very scared. I am 11 wks 6 days today and my Dr. told me that this is all very common in most woman. But after that visit (a Month ago) the cramps stayed and the spotting disappeared. But since last Sunday that cramps are a little stronger and I did have a little red on Sunday. Then turned back to light pink and brown by yesterday. I don't seem to be experiencing anything but the cramps right now. What do you think??

Mythili - March 29

Stephanie, did you get a chance to go to the doc again?

D - March 29

Stephanie--- hold on to hope! sounds like it was just a little red, and it seems to have stopped, that is a good thing! could you have done something that would irritate the cervix? I've heard of women to start to bleed if they walk too much. S_x can start it - it has for me several times. If its just the cervix a little irritated, you should be fine! I'm pessimistic enough to think of the worst that could happen in any situation... but we can't let ourselves to that! The stress isn't good for our babies. Let us know what happens, and good luck!

Stephanie - March 29

I saw the Dr. on March 8th so my next appt is not til April 5th

Stephanie - March 29

Thank you for responding too. I appreciate it

Stephanie - March 29

Thanks D although we have had s_x a few times we've taken it easy bigtime. Its very scary though bc of the cramps its really got me freaked out and I love this baby so much Im so scared that Im gonna loose her you know??

D - March 29

Stephanie - I know we all worry, and I'm sorry for your stress.. It will be so wonderful when we all make it past 36 weeks! I try not to think about things, especially when I'm having a symptom that could be bad, but its so hard! You know, I don't know if there is a moment in the day when I am not conscious of the fact that there's a baby in there!

Stephanie - March 29

Than You D I'm gonna see the Dr at 1:30 so I will leave in another 30 minutes. They are gonna listen for heartbeat. Im excited and scared at the same time. I will update tomorrow and let everyone know what the Dr. says.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?