Brown Spotting-pg111202353118

206 Replies
Stephanie - March 29

Than You D I'm gonna see the Dr at 1:30 so I will leave in another 30 minutes. They are gonna listen for heartbeat. Im excited and scared at the same time. I will update tomorrow and let everyone know what the Dr. says.

D - March 29

Good luck! The one positive side effect of complications. We get to see the little one more often!

JB - March 29

Hey guys. Well this is my main concern right now, too. I just found out I was 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. And I started spotting brown blood. Not a whole lot...but pretty consistent. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one going through this. I called my nurse practionier as soon as I saw this. She said it was fairly normal and that it has something to do with the hormones trying to adapt to the change. She said to rest some and if I see any fetal tissue to call her. I hope this helps someone else. Your responses have been a great help to me. Although, I agree with D; not a minute goes by where I don't think about this little one inside me.

D - March 29

JB - I started spotting 5w4d, and stopped 7w3d - I remember this because it started with my first u/s, and coincidentally, ended with my second! Sounds like your spotting is in the same time period as mine was... I wonder if that is a really common time to have some spotting? Good luck!

Lesley - March 30

Hello everyone. At 6 1/2 weeks, I started to spot brown too. I went to my doctor and my HCG levels were completely normal and then we did an ultrasound and saw a beautiful little heartbeat. My doctor told me that once we see a heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage is less than 5%. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and I spotted brown again two different times a little over a week ago. It's very scary but my doctor told me only to worry if it turns bright red and I bleed like a period. Actually my cousin bled red and she ended up being fine so it's hard to say. But I know how scary it is. So far, it seems that it's very normal for some women. Good luck to all of you!

Stephanie - March 30

I saw the Dr. yesterday but its still very uncomforting bc everyday a new thing and I really don't feel well at all. Anyways if you are interested you can read what I wrote on Stephanie....R U OK???

Kim - March 30

I just went through this, and actually it was a slight urinary tract infection (which in pregnancy can be painful if untreated). I called my doctor who wanted to do a test that day- and sure enough- he was right. Get checked.

Stephanie - March 30

Hi Kim They have me give a sample everytime I go in and unfortunately what I have is not a U.T.I. . I wish it were a U.T.I. but unfortunately what I have is not that. I had one with my daughter and you are right VERY PAINFUL! Thank You & Congrats!

Laurie - March 31

I had the same thing at abou the same time as you - my dr told me that brown is ok - it means "old" as long as it is not bright red then you should be good to go. I'm glad you did get to see your dr. let us know how it is on your next appointment.

JB - March 31

Thanks guys for those words of encouragement. I'm sure a lot of women are reading these and feeling somewhat more calm about their situations. I know I am. I have my first OBGYN appointment on Monday 4/4, and I will report back on the outcome. I am still spotting. Sometimes it is barely any, and then others it's a little bit thick...but nothing as heavy as a period, and it's stil brown.

Mythili - April 1

I am going in for an ultrasound on April 6th will let you guys know how that goes....

D - April 1

Mythili - I hope your appointment goes well. Are you still spotting as much?

Mythili - April 1

I never really spotted much. I just saw my normal white dicharge have a brownish tint to it. I knot it is not an infection b/c it didn't smell. I haven't seen the brownish discharge the alot the past few days. Lets hope all goes well.

D - April 1

You really sound like you have the same thing I had for 2 weeks. Mostly just brown tinged mucus. I'm very optimistic that you'll get good news! I never had any smell either... but at 9w6d, I had what my doc called a "little infection". So now I wonder if it was a combo of implantation and "trying" to get an infection! Good luck!

Mythili - April 1

Thanks D for that comfort. I appreciate it very much. I also hope everything goes smooth at my appointment on April 6th.

alisa - April 6

i've been having the same problem since i was 5 weeks and today at 12 weeks nothing has changed. the upside of it though, i've done two v____al ultrasounds and the baby is just fine , but like most of you , you still have concerns. Lets keep the faith girls....we're gonna be mommies!!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?