Postpartum Depression-pg123447920089

1 Replies
Lexineli - February 12

How long after I have my baby can i develop postpartum depression what are the symptoms exactly? I would appreciate any reply. thanks Liz

Malica - February 16

You can get postpartum depression any where up to a year after giving birth. Symptoms for PPD are the same as depression: Moody, overwhelming sadness and feeling of hopelessness, sleeping too much or too little, eating too much or too little, losing interest in things you used to be interest in, etc (google for postpartum depression symptoms for a complete list). Do keep in mind that most every women goes through the 'baby blues' which has similar symptoms but will generally clear up after a couple of weeks after birth. You go through a huge adjustment when the baby arrives, are still recovering physically from the birth, and then you're basically going through withdrawal from all the pregnancy hormones. If you have any concerns, and especially if you are having thoughts of harming yourself or others (even if you know you wouldn't act on them), then please talk to your doctor. There are medications which can help, or even just the support to know you're not crazy and that this is not your fault can go a long way.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?