Post Partum Depression Pg1325255957

2 Replies
kellery - December 30

I've been on antidepressants for about 6 months now for PPD. And although my moods are stabilized, my memory is horrible. I have been an organized and reliable person my entire life and now I find that I have moments where I'm not sure what is going on. I'm a complete scatterbrain i.e. extremely forgetful. I'm wondering if this confusion is the result of PPD, antidepressants or a natural progression for a full-time working mom with three young children. Anyone have any experience with this? I called my OB and the nurse suggested that I increase my meds. I did that once already (I'm on 20 mg of prozac) and I'm not convinced that that is the answer. I'm starting to wonder if this is Post partum psychosis - but that might be too extreme. I'm functioning, just not the way I used to function.

Jennfer - January 14

I too have suffered from postpartum depression but I suffered from Postpartum Psychosis first. Some of the symptoms of Postpartum Psychosis are delusions (false beliefs), severe insomnia, paranoia. The symptoms are severe and require immediate medical attention. I am not a medical professional but it sounds like you are experiencing a lot of normal postpartum adjustment symptoms. It is very important to be under medical supervision. Also know that with proper treatment and support things will get better. You are not alone in what you are experiencing and you are not to blame. A great resource is Postpartum Support International. Hang in there. From someone who has been through hell and back, you will get through this with proper care, support and treatment.

kellery - January 14

Thank you - I think you're right.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?