Have fibro and thinking about getting pregnant?
If you have fibromyalgia, you may be wondering whether or not you should get pregnant. Rest assured that fibromyalgia will have no negative effect on your baby whatsoever.
Therefore, the main issue is whether you feel your body can handle a pregnancy. Unless you have extreme complications, most women find that pregnancy is something to pursue even with fibromyalgia.
If you do decide to get pregnant, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Try to plan your pregnancy at least a year ahead of time, so you can begin to build up your strength.
- Reduce the amount of stress in your life as much as you possibly can.
- Try to conceive when your symptoms are less intense. Avoid conceiving during a symptom flare up.
- Speak with your doctor about your medications. Not all medications are safe to continue during pregnancy.
- Maintain a healthy diet and work out moderately (but don't overdo it).
|Suffering from fibromyalgia? Visit our Discomfort forum to talk with other moms-to-be with the syndrome.|
|Table of Contents|
|1. Fibromyalgia and Pregnancy|
|2. Pregnancy, fibro and relaxin|
|3. Should I get pregnant?|
Post a comment