Bleeding While Pregnant-pg110557367034

244 Replies
luise - February 17

its uncommmon but does happen that people canb bleed during pregnancy. at the oment it doesnt sound like its anythng to be worried aboiut. it it does strat getting heavy or you do experience c___ps then go to your hlocal casulty - er department. i will keep you in my prayers

Grace - February 20

Well, I have read all submissions an d I have a very different situation. It sounds simulair to some. I am guessing that I am 5-6 weeks preg. I started bleeding 14days ago. My husband and I have not used anything for over a year, so we started getting concerned with not being able to get preg. I talked to the OB and had blood tests done, said I was not ovulating, and she wanted to start me on Clomid.....but before I had to start that I needed to be on my period for 3 days. I had started to discharge a b rownish color, I was told that I needed to start this on the 3rd day but to take a preg test 1st. I did, and the positive line came our REALLY light, I also took one the next morning...same thing. I read the instructions and looked everything up online and is says NOT MATTER WHAT COLOR IF THERE IS A POSITIVE LINE YOU ARE PREG. I have continues to bleed....some spotty and red and early on brown. I was told that I was having an early miscarriage. My HCG has been tested for the last 2 weeks and it has continued to double even though I am still spotting. I have something called Luteal Phase Defect....which means that I am not producing enough progesterone, and we are hoping that I can hold the baby until the uteris takes over at 8-9 weeks. So everyone that is having bleeding...get your HCG tested, you feel like a pin cushion, but you have some answers as far as baby and if you are holding or miscarrying....mine so far is a fighter thank god. good luck to all of you and if you have any quewstions that I can answer you may also email me @ Gdhdancer01@aol.com

Maria - February 21

My husband and I have been trying for our second child for a while now with no luck but in the last week I've started having many pregnancy symptoms. Then yesterday I started to bleed, it was very slight, it was a brownish color and it only happened once when I went to the bathroom. I figured this was implantation bleeding, it happened again today with some slight cramping and right before it happened I got very sick to my stomach. Has anyone had anything like this early in pregnancy? Is it alright?

PB - February 21

I just found out I was pregnant. I had a miscarriage in Oct and had not had a period yet, just 1 day of light bleeding in Dec and Jan. Last Sunday I started bleeding a lot. I a__sumed it was just my period. Tuesday I pa__sed a few large clots and called the doctor. I went in on Wed. and had an examination and blood drawn. The doc called me 2 hours later to tell me I was pregnant. I went straight to the emergency room and they sent me to OB. They did an ultrasound but did not see anything but some tissue. They also did blood work. I got the results the next day. I only had HCG level of 16 at 10am and then 18 by 4pm. They drew my blood again 48 hours later and it only came up at 25. They Said I'm probably having a miscarriage but my cervix is still closed. They really do not have answers for me. I'm suppose to go in again on wed. for more blood work and another ultrasound. Has anyone had this happen? The docs won't give me a straight answer. I'm on bed rest for the next week. Any suggestions???

shirley - February 22

I am 16 weeks pregnany and I had heavy bleeding too.Now I have a few drops now and then.By the midwife we could hear the baby's heart adn with an echo that the baby was okay.This is also my 3 pregnancy and I bleeded during everyone of them.And my first 2 bleedings started also at 7 weeks.So don't give uo.Bleeding doesnt necessirly means misscarrying.But I do know what u r going through.

Hannah - February 22

I was just in the emergency room all day Sunday with bleeding. According to my last menstral period I should be 9 weeks pregnant. They did an ultrasound that confirmed pregnancy, but I'm only 7 weeks. The baby was fine but I am still bleeding, rather heavy with no cramping. I am so scared that I'm going to lose the baby, even though I already heard it's heart beat. It's good to know other people are out there with me. I can't stop crying.

Hannah - February 23

Well it looks like me case of bleeding wasn't normal. Even though two days ago they said I had a normal pregnancy, and I heard the heartbeat, I miscarried tonight. Be leary of bleeding.

Loren - February 25

I am just 8 weeks pregnant and on 22nd Feb went into hospital as I was bleeding heavily and pa__sing clots. When I arrived in hospital I pa__sed three very large clotts with no pain, but a__sumed I had miscarried and the doctor confirmed this. I returned to the hospital on Thursday where they found a heartbeat, I am obviously very confused, relieved and anxious as they could not eplain the cause of the bleeding.

simone - February 27

Hannah, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. And Gina, who began these posts, I was also sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy. I hope both of you go on to have healthy pregancies and babies in the near future. I have been reading this column with interest, and have noted that although many people write in with their own problem, not as many seem to respond to other people's posts. I'm afraid I don't have any answers for why we are all bleeding in early pregnancy (I am 5.5 weeks and begun brown spotting yesterday which has not ceases for over 12 hours) and perhaps not meany others do either, which is why we all write in and perhaps don't receive feedback. It is comforting to know I am not alone, however, while I wait for the results of my second HCG bloods. Ultrasoumd this morning showed nothing as I'm too early. No cramping yet, and continue to feel dull ache in uterus that I have had for the past 5 weeks, so all I can do is hope. I will get the Dr to test for v____al infections this afternoon, and check my cervix is still closed, and that is about all that I am in control of. I hope we can all find some peace of mind while we wait for some answers.

Tina - February 28

Gina, I just want to tell you to stay calm. I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant and then 3 days later started to spot with old blood. The next day it got heavier, only when going to the bathroom, and I was clotting a bit. I completely thought I was having a miscarriage. I went to the ER they ran tests and said everything looked normal and my horomone levels were at 320. I went to the docs about four days later and he did all of the same tests and said everything looked normal except the bleeding and he took more blood and said that he was not optimistic. I walked out crying and called the next day for my horomone levels and they doubled. I was so shocked and so excited but now I have to go back today and do it all over again to make sure that they keep going up. This has been an emotional rollarcoaster. Just stay calm and see your doctor and ask questions. I am still nervous because I am still bleeding when I wipe and it has been 10 days of this. I am pretty much laying around until we figure out what is going on.

Jenny - February 28

As crazy as it sounds, I'm glad I'm not the only one going though this... This is my 8th pregnancy and It seems like I should know what to expect and/or what to feel .. but it's all so different ! I found out I'm 5 weeks preg. BUT started to bleed this past weekend .. they say my levels are moving up but I'm still worried. So far no pain however, time can only tell. I'm unsure as to how long this last's. I think it's natural to be scared but we have to find strength in our selves. You all will be in my thoughts & prayers !

Glenda Soliman - March 1

Hi. My husband and I waited for 14 months to have a baby. We're excited to have one. I have regular menstruation period every 20th of the month. But this February I haven't got my period. Started yesterday I am bleeding but I can feel its not my period cause i am not feeling sick as to compare when i have my period. But is it possible that I am pregnant? Is this a pregnancy bleeding or is it my period? How could I know. I took a home pregnancy test last February 24 but the result is negative? When should I take pregnancy test? Thanks and more power.

braybaby - March 3

I am 7 weeks 5 days along. I had my first prenatal visit 2 days ago. The doctor said everything looks good. We saw the baby's heartbeating on the ultrasound but couldn't hear it yet. I go back next week for another one and the bloodwork. My concern is that I have been spotting since my exam. It is dark brown, only tiny pieces when I urinate and only a few times when I wipe. Nothing on my panties, no period like cramps, or unusual pains. Doctor said everything is fine when I called. I am still concerned. This is my first baby. Can anyone relate to this?

an - March 4

I am about 10 weeks and I started to bleed yesterday, but I don't have cramps. Anway, this scared me so I went to ER. They took my blood and did a pap test. After doing this the doctor said he couldn’t really see anything because my cervix was closed (whatever that means) So they scheduled an ultra sound for Monday. They said that there is a 50/50 chance that I will miscarry and that if I’m going to miscarry there is nothing I or they can do to stop it. =( I’m just trying to think positive and you, as well as anybody else experiencing this, should too.

Jennifer - March 5

I am 8 weeks pregnant. I started to spot lightly and went to the ER. Ultrasound showed the baby with a normal hearbeat. I am now bleeding - it seems like a lot when I go to the bathroom, pa__sing clots, cramping, and have a back ache. Wednesday there was a hearbeat and now it's Saturday and I've been pa__sing clots. Has this happened to anyone, and if so, did you have the baby? I just want it to do whatever it's going to do. The waiting is trying me. Thanks.

Tina C. - March 5

BrayBaby........ I too have had those same thing happen to me. I had my bloodtests and sonogram and everything seemd to be fine and healthy. I was very upset and concerned about it still, my doctor checked my cervix and it is closed. She explained to me that your cervix becomes very spongue like and soft during pregnancy and the littlest irritation could cause what she called bloodly mucus when I wipe. She said she could see some during the check-up. I am now 13 weeks and 5 days (this is my 2nd) and I have had no blood for a little over 2 weeks straight now. Thank God everything seems to me ok. Ask your doctor about your cervix being closed and how soft it seems to be. Hopefully everything will go smoothly for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers along with everyone else.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?