AUGUST 2010 BABIES

68 Replies
c2beaudoin - July 14

Hi Ladies, How have you all been, I've been good up until yesterday... I've managed to go this whole pregnancy without falling, being sick, and injuring myself but that streak is over. Last night it rained and I went outside to give my husband a plate for the food he was BBQing and as soon as I put my foot on the first step I started sliding down the stairs, there are about 10 of them. I went all the way down hitting my lower back on each step, luckily I didn't hit my belly once but when I landed it was on my right side which is where the baby has been resting most of this pregnancy. My husband and I are really freaked out about whether I could go into preterm labour. I have been paying extra attention to how I'm feeling so I can pick up anything different. The baby has been moving as usual but I'm still pretty worried. Thank goodness I have a prenatal appointment today so she will be able to check me out and make sure all is good. I'm so p__sed at myself, only 4 weeks to go and this happens, freg just my luck! I will keep you guys posted and let you know how my appointment went.

c2beaudoin - July 15

Good news! The baby and I are both fine :) I won't be having the baby prematurely, well not from the fall at least. 36 weeks tomorrow, 4 weeks to go!

fismama - July 15

Hey so I was wondering if anyone has considered or has tried a belly bandit after pregnancy? I want to get one but the last thing I need is it to give me more back fat!!haha!

c2beaudoin - July 15

Are they like a girdle? They slim you down? I'd be interested to see if they work as well.

fismama - July 15

Yeah kinda..Google Belly Bandit! Some people swear by it and some think its the worst thing ever! I just want to try something this time. I bounced back with Fiona fast but I am thinking this one wont be as fast! A friend of mine tried their Mother Tucker and said all it helped was her love handles! I was thinking maybe I'll just get some Spanx! they are alot cheap but they might not do as well!

fismama - July 15

another reason why I want to try one is because after you have the baby your organs feel like they are just hanging the and god it is so uncomfortable and I heard it helps thats too!

tritty - July 16

HI LADIES! It's only been FOREVER since I've posted on here. I read through all the threads I've missed. I'm glad that everyone is doing well and hanging in there. I told you ladies before that I'm really active on another forum and I've kept myself busy there and it's been really fun to read about all these other mamas having their babies! For a quick update on me..... I'll be 38 weeks on Sunday (crazy!) but because I've had a previous c-section my OB won't let me go past my due date (aug 1) so they've scheduled another c-section for July 29th. However, if I go into labor naturally then they'll let me try for a VBAC-- which I really want! So I'm hoping and praying that she decides to come on her own before I get to the point of another c-section. Don't get me wrong. My section recovery was very easy and I wouldn't mind doing it again but I think now that I have a 3.5 year old that it'd be easier to recover with her and a newborn without having to worry about my incision healing. Last time it was just me and my newborn. Plus it would break my heart to not be able to hold her or pick her up especially when I'll be giving Audrey so much attention, nursing and etc. So I've got my fingers crossed. This pregnancy has been easy for me up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm just getting impatient and for some reason the Washington D.C. area is going through a major heat wave. It's been over 100 degrees (about 37 C) almost every day and it's been the death of me. I'm walking every day and swimming and trying to do what I can to move things along. I'm about 50% effaced and only 1cm dilated. Sunday night I had a 6 hour stretch of contractions that were 3-5 minutes apart but they weren't super painful so I didn't rush into the hospital. Suddenly they just stopped. I was really hoping it would be the real deal but no such luck. At my next appointment I'm going to ask if they'll strip my membranes to see if it will get anything going. I just want to give my body a chance to labor naturally. we shall see. you all better keep us posted about every ache and pain :) Can't wait until we start having our babies!!! I'm gonna try and do better about checking this more often. Talk to you later.

naisey - August 1

Hi Girls, Haven't been on for a while as my computer was playing up. Wanted to let you all know that I had my baby on Wednesday. I had a little boy we named Benjamin. I had a problem free pregnancy but asked to be induced as the last 2 weeks were really hard for me and my blood pressure was starting to go up. On Wednesday morning they broke my water and put the drip in. I had an epidural but it didn't work very well for me. I used the gas for pain and that was great. By 11am I was 7cm and he was born at 1.00pm. He was 3.8kgs (8 pounds something in other measure) It was painful, sure, but it was the most amazing experience of my life. I have a few st_tches but feel pretty good. I'm b___stfeeding but have to top up with formula as my milk hasn't come in yet. Anyway, I will keep checking in to see how you all go. I hope it goes really well for all of you too! Good luck. Rene and baby Benjamin :)

c2beaudoin - August 1

Congrats Rene!!! So happy for you :) Kristin had her baby too on Thursday I think, a little girl Audrey Madilyn. As for me I'm still very pregnant, just waiting for my little one to decide it wants out. I will keep you all posted :)

c2beaudoin - August 3

Hi ladies, So last night my husband and I had maritals lol and I started having consistent contractions about 2 hours afterwards. They stayed at regular intervals but never got stronger or longer. I have had contractions before but never with cramping and radiating back pain which these ones did. I tried to sleep to get some rest but it was hard, finally got to sleep for about 2 hours then woke again. I finally woke up my husband at 5am so we could go for a walk outside because I read that if you take a walk it should increase your contractions but nothing really happened the contractions stayed but didnt get stronger or longer. So i broke down and called my midwife, since I could still talk through my contractions she told me to take a bath and 2 gravols and go to bed, if i was in false labour that should break the contractions. Well it zonked me out haha but I woke up eventually to the same contractions which are about 5 min apart but again dont get stronger and longer. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I had some show, a clear mucous with blood streaked through it, it was not alot i dont really know how much there should be but it filled the toilet paper and I had to wipe twice to get it all. that was this morning at like 8am, not it's 10am and I haven't had any more show, I'm sitting on the couch and my contractions are still regular but again not increasing in strength or length. I'm trying so hard not to get exciting and anxious but it's all I can think about lol. Has anyone experienced this with previous pregnancies and were in fact in labour but just slow or were you in false labour. I've googled this like a million times and it could be either or. I've decided not to call my midwife until the contractions get strong enough.

fismama - August 3

Ok so saturday I was having contractions 5 mins apart for about 4 hours they made my back hurt and all but it would never make my tummy hurt!I just couldn't breath with them! Oh and then I had a good poo so that kinda freaked me out because all that happened with Fiona but I then went to bed and never got worse! But before bed I googled somethings because it freaked me out that is a sign of labor but they did stop then I read that if your discharge changes to clean than it could be your water leaking so make sure its not your water slowly leaking! Um and having bloody show I would start running around then block and maybe have some s_xy time! The blood could be from that too! I am now getting to the point that having an "O" causes me to have contractions it really sucks! I would just try and do some more nesting and do some walking and i would just call your midwife to check in. good luck!!!

c2beaudoin - August 3

Updated, it's 2pm and my contractions have pretty much stopped, I'm still having the show, so labour could be around the corner. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon so we will see what the scoop is :) Mu husband went to work this morning and I was just going to call him if anything changed but when I told him it was a false alarm, he was so disapointed :( So cute lol. I will keep you guys posted as the week goes on!

c2beaudoin - August 3

Update #2, it's 6:15 and I'm pretty sure my water broke. At about 5pm I had just finished going to the bathroom before leaving to go drive my brother and his girlfriend home, I go to sit in the car and as I sat down I felt a gush of liquid soak my underwear and the seat under me, I got up and ran inside the house to the washroom where more fluid came out. I immediately called my midwife and I'm a little upset, she asked me how much liquid and I guess 1 cup but I couldn't really tell since most of it when in the car seat and then the toilet, then she asked me what colour and I said it was clear with a little milky discharge in it. She then said it was most likely something else I forget the name but basically just a discharge you get towards the end of pregnancy. I was a little p__sed, she told me not to worry and to call if I start getting severe contractions, so active labour basically. Well I put on some new underwear and put a pad on in case more came out, good thing too cuz on my way back home I had another huge gush, more than the first time, it soaked through the pad and my undies and again on the car seat, then when I got home it was leaking down my legs. I started having contractions again shortly after my water broke and they have been coming steady about 10 min or so apart. Hopefully this is the real deal so I can show my midwife I'm not crazy lol. My husband tries to calm me down by telling me she probably gets calls like that all the time where it's false labour which I get but at the same time it's frustrating when you know something is happening and noone seems to believe you. Anyway, that's my long speech and update :) I will keep you guys posted if my contractions get stronger!

tritty - August 3

Celine! I am so excited for you! It sounds like the real deal to me! With all the crazy nesting you've been doing I'm not surprised. Lol! It sounds like you had your bloody show and usually labor is just around the corner. I don't know how your midwife would think your water didn't break. Hopefully your contravtions will kick in and get this party started. I'm getting excited to find out what you're having and who will get to enjoy that gorgeous nursery ;) keep us posted. It's hard for me to always respond on here but I get email updates whenever anyone posts so I'm following along ;) good luck! I hope this is it for you!

fismama - August 3

To me it seems like its happening!!! YAYAYA!! IF not you must just keep peeing your pants!! haha! I went to the doc today and I have a dimple in my cervix! I had really bad pain before i got there i was in tears and so they checked me and put me on the monitor NOTHING happened while I was on the monitor. Now iam having them every 5 mins again!! this is getting old!!!

c2beaudoin - August 4

Update Aug 4th. We had the baby!!! Adorable little boy Sebastien Tyler Selleck 7lbs8oz and 21.5 inches long. Mom, Dad, and Baby are all doing very well. I had a home water birth and it was the most amazing experience of my life. I can tell you though that the pain at times was unbearable, I just wanted to throw in the towel. My water did break at 5pm and I started having regular contractions at 6pm and it only got harder from there, I was 4 cm dialated at about 8pm and then 7cm at 10pm and 9cm at midnight and then I started having the urge to push at around 1am it was uncontrolleable but my midwife was great and told me to just listen to my body and after about 45 min of pushing he was born. We were all sooo tired towards the end when he was crowning it hurt to bad I wanted to quit but I made it with much encouragement lol. I still remember the pain but it was the most empowering experience of my life, my husband is so proud of me :) It was so painful during the pushing I thought for sure I tore but not taring at all, I have the water to thank for that. Great experience I highly recommend it! I'm off to get some rest again but thought I would update you all :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?