Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas for Girls
When thinking about decorating your baby’s nursery, oftentimes your baby’s sex may help you choose what type of space you’d like to decorate. For example, your baby’s sex may help you in choosing your nursery furniture and baby nursery décor, as well as baby nursery bedding. In addition, you may want to choose a specific baby nursery theme for your little girl. If you’re looking for advice on preparing a special place for your newborn baby, our baby nursery decorating ideas for girls guide has all you need to know!
Baby Nursery Themes
The following are some fun baby nursery themes for a baby girl:
- sugar and spice: Butterflies and flowers are the stars of this baby nursery idea! Stencil flowers, vines and butterflies on the walls of your baby’s nursery to create a whimsical touch. Soft airy curtains and matching baby nursery bedding round out this look.
- stars: Create a star ceiling by using star-shaped rubber stamps or star-shaped sponges and dipping them into paint. You can also create a star border using this method. A star quilt and rug finish off this baby nursery theme, which also works well for a baby boy’s nursery.
- flower power: This retro-themed baby nursery is created by using lime greens, bright yellows, oranges and pinks. Look for baby nursery bedding in this color, as well as ruffled, lacy window treatments.
- storybook characters: decorating a princess room is easy with baby nursery themes like Barbie or the Little Mermaid. Look for character lamps, bedding and blankets. You can also get creative and add a mural of the character of your choice on the nursery wall.
- angels, fairies and elves: create this baby nursery idea by painting a sky and clouds on the ceiling and adding stencils of silver magic dust along the walls as a border. Using soft and icy lavenders, blues and pinks is just right for this look, which can also help to promote a calm feeling for your baby’s nursery, like Feng Shui.
- baby’s name: displaying your baby’s name is another unique baby nursery decorating idea that features a personalized touch. Hang letters of your baby’s name up on a wall: some popular choices include using wooden letters, ceramic tile or fabric letters. You can also stencil your baby’s name in green, purple or blue letters.
Whatever baby nursery theme or look you choose, remember that baby safety at home is what’s most important. By ensuring that your baby’s nursery is safe and fun, baby is certain to love her first room.
Post a comment